Head Coach and/or High Performance Coach
Natation Artistique Gatineau (NAGE), has been established in the Outaouais region for over 20 years. Certified coaches lead a high quality training environment focused on teamwork and individual athlete development.
NAGE’s mission is to train young athletes in artistic swimming by teaching them the basics of this sport while developing their sportsmanship. NAGE aims to develop the physical and psychological attributes of its athletes by offering quality service in a positive and dynamic environment.
We are currently looking for a head coach and a high performance coach who will contribute to the development of recreational and competitive athletes. You will help our athletes achieve their goals by valuing team spirit, respect, personal achievement, well-being and commitment and accountability.
Part-time positions, which may be approximately 10 hours a week (to be discussed) and if combined, the number of hours would be 20 to 30 hours a week.
- Develop and implement comprehensive training plans for athletes of all levels.
- Plan training schedules and annual club calendar
- See to the selection of the teams and of extra routines (solo, duet) and organization of private lessons, in collaboration with the coaches.
- Coach, evaluate and assist coaches by ensuring a healthy and harmonious work environment.
- Identify the short and long term training needs of the coaches.
- Ensure ongoing communication with swimmers, coaches, parents, board members, City of Gatineau, etc.
- Coordinate club registration for swimmers, registration for competitions, meetings and training schedule. .
- Propose an action plan to the Board, early in the season, and work closely with them throughout the season.
- Supervise club events (shows, competitions and other activities)
- Coach the High performance program
- Plan fitness camps
Skills and prerequisites:
- Demonstrate autonomy
- Sense of organization
- Ability to work in a team environment
Minimum 3 years experience as an Artistic Swimming Coach
Supervisory experience is an asset
For the position of head coach and High performance coach: Level 3, 4 or 5 certification under the former coaching certification system of the National Coaching Certification Program (NCCP) or the “trained” status under the Competition-Development component of the NCCP
For the position of High performance coach: National Lifeguard
Rates of pay: Salary is negotiable and dependent on experience.
Deadline to apply : June 15, 2021
Start Date : August 2021
** It is possible to apply for one or both positions**
Questions? Feel free to reach us at : email@example.com